A church which gathers to worship and scatters for mission, where Christ is Central.
Our statement of call is based upon Central’s core belief from scripture:
‘Love the Lord your God with your passion, prayer, intelligence and energy – and love others as you love yourself’.
Mark 12: 28-31
Who are we?
Central is a Methodist Church that welcomes all, worships passionately, challenges the status quo, and seeks to transform the world through God’s love. Central is innovative and pioneering in its efforts to be a place of positive change within ourselves, within our community, and within our denomination. Central is a Christian community whose members are motivated by their faith to use their resources, including time and premises, to apply the values of the gospel through worship and service.
Central’s mission is based on its statement of call to deepen faith through worship and challenging study, to create an engaged community through inclusiveness and caring, and to transform the world through active service and prophetic leadership.
The vision of Central is to reach more people, touch more lives locally and globally, and continue growing and building our resources in order to be a catalyst for change and possibility by responding to God’s call.
Our Worship Objective:
Central’s objective in worship is to be welcoming to all; to provide spiritual guidance, acceptance, inspiration and support to all; to be a place where we can tell our stories and listen to God; and to offer uplifting and intelligent worship. We seek to develop and broaden our worshipping experience using the talents, gifts and skills of God’s people in this place.
Our Outreach Strategy:
- To welcome ALL regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or economic status, age, physical or mental condition
- To reach the non-church goers (through sharing community events and offering non-traditional worship at untraditional times)
- To reach the spiritually hungry, regardless of background
- To carry on mission-focused ministries to serve our neighbourhood and the global community
- To help our own members and regular attendees grow in their faith and involvement at Central
We aim to achieve this through existing work and 4 new ideas:
- Employing a ‘One Program’ Youth and Children’s worker (employed) and a Church and Community Worker (awaiting recruitment)
- Creating Brighouse Central Music Academy
- Building and creating a Soft Play Centre and Café
- Creating new space through a substantial building scheme